Jokes Review accepts online submissions of fiction, creative nonfiction, miscellaneous prose, poetry, and art. We're open to experimental works, humorous works, and scraps of writing that may or may not be classified as jokes. If you've written an ironic existential rant or an inspired manifesto, we want to read it. We're also interested in traditional prose with a strong voice and high energy. Shorter works are best, but we'll consider anything up to 3,500 words. To get a better idea of what we're looking for, check out our ABOUT page. All submissions to Jokes Review must be original and previously unpublished.
SUBMIT to jokes review
- Send submissions to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The subject for your email should include the type of work you're submitting (e.g. FICTION or POETRY).
- Your submission should include contact info and a short third-person bio.
- Include your submission either in the body of the email or as an attachment.
- Simultaneous submission are welcome, but let us know if the work is picked up elsewhere.
submit to our book series
- Follow the instructions above for submitting to Jokes Review.
- To be considered for our Fair-Minded Fraud and Forgery book series, the work should be at least 12,000 words. The content should explore a specific theme in art, literature, or philosophy that you are personally connected to or unusually inspired by. The work should be a mixture of fact, fiction, and autobiography.
- If you're curious but confused, if you would like sample topics to consider, or if you're interested in collaborating with us to bring your vision to life, don't hesistate to reach out!
By submitting your work to Jokes Review, you indicate your consent for us to publish your work in our journal. Jokes Review acquires first North American serial rights. After publication, all rights revert to the author.
Submitting to Jokes Review is always free, as we believe it should be. But if you'd like to show your support for our journal, consider purchasing a hard copy of one of our issues (they look great in print!). Also, tell your friends about Jokes Review, share our stories, and follow us on Facebook and Twitter!